SLEEPING AT LAST – ATLAS YEAR ONE

“ You taught me the courage of stars before you left, how light carries on endlessly, even after death, with shortness of breath, you...


You taught me the courage of stars before you left,
how light carries on endlessly, even after death,
with shortness of breath, you explained the infinite,
how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.” - Saturn
...
Because I love something related to constellation. About life. About the universe. About the sun, the moon, the sky, the stars, the oceans. About earth. About the land where we lived. Here. With other 7 billion people. Atlas is an ongoing series of music based on the origins of the universe and life within it.
...


DARKNESS
Overture
Woodwork
I’ll Keep You Safe
Bad Blood
Uneven Odds

Don’t be, don’t be afraid,
our mistakes, they were bound to be made,
but i promise you i’ll keep you safe.” - I'll Keep You Safe



LIGHT
Light
You Are Enough
Heirloom
The Projectionist
In The Embers

When we woke up,
the world was figured out,
beyond the beauty we’ve dreamt about." - You Are Enough



SPACE I
Sun
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Moon
Mars

“We are the dust of dust,
we are the apple of God’s eye
we are infinite as the universe we hold inside.” - Sun



SPACE II
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

Make my messes matter,
make this chaos count,
let every little fracture in me
shatter out loud.” - Jupiter



LAND
North
South
East
West

“We will call this place our home,
the dirt in which our roots may grow,
though the storms will push and pull,
we will call this place our home. Let the years we’re here be kind, be kind.” - North



OCEANS
Pacific
Atlantic
Indian
Southern
Arctic
 ...
I discover another favorite band which I’m listening currently, Sleeping at Last. Based in Chicago, Sleeping at Last is an alternative rock music project led by Ryan O’Neal as the singer-songwriter, producer and composer. He is an idealist. His music is my muse, his lyric is my book. He keeps everything very intimate and personal. He writes deep, very deep, lyrics. Each songs has its own concept and theme, and he concentrates really hard to make each. And this album is about home. About being lost. About being found. Divided into six themes: Darkness, Light, Space I, Space II, Land and Oceans. Each theme represents different stories with total 30 songs. Ryan also write how he made this album on his website: Sleeping at Last blog (click here to view his blog). And I really enjoy everything about this album. How the music is so relaxing, the lyric and messages in each songs, the instrumental parts, everything are just so good. Ah, I can listen to this album all day long. Until I fall asleep.
...
Three words: stunning, poignant, serene. I was like being transferred to another side of the world, to another corner of the universe. It’s like travelling around the world, going to outer-space, moving from one place to another, drown into one to another. Lost in wander. The feeling of fear, unknown, lost, sadness but also the feeling of gifted, blessed, filled with hopes and courage. I can feel it deep in my bones. That kind of feeling of safe and sound, yet also the throbbing kind as well. Soothe and ache at once. How life is so beautiful from the start. This wonderful voyage, called life, that we have here. How we should be so thankful for existing in this whole wide universe.
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)